Louise from I’m A Little Vegan dishes up a hearty bowl of chilli.
Nothing says comfort food like a hearty bowl of chilli! This is one of my go-to dishes when I’m looking for a one pot wonder that everyone will love. Now I’m breaking the chilli “non” carne rules completely with this dish as there isn’t a kidney bean in sight but I promise it’s just as scrumptious.
Soak 2 cups of soy chunks in cold water and set aside until they rehydrate which should take 15 minutes or so.
Into a heated pan pop the following
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 tin of drained cannellini beans
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- Small glass of white wine
- 1 tbls of each of the following
- Cayenne pepper
- Mixed spice
- Smoked paprika
- Shake of salt and pep
- 1 veg cube crumbled.
- Drain soy pieces and blitz in a food processor and then add them to the mix.
Combine all ingredients.
Bring to the boil and then leave to simmer for as long as you can. (It tastes amazing the following day)
I have served the chilli up with these optional extras:
- A big bowl of basmati rice
- Grated violife dairy free cheese
- Chilli flakes
- A wild garlic pesto that I had in the fridge
- Lots of Arbutus bread toasted with a rub of garlic, sprinkle of salt and drizzle of olive oil.
Simply delicious. Hope you give it try!
For more delicious recipes from Louise at I’m A Little Vegan visit facebook.com/imalittlevegan